Momentum IoT Products and Services
This Privacy Statement describes information that Momentum IoT and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Momentum IoT”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”) collect, use, share, and store, including personal information (i.e., information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, or billing information, or other data that can be reasonably used to infer this information) (“Personal Information”).
This document focuses on information related to the operation of Momentum IoT products and services, including machinery trackers, mobile apps, the Site, software, and subscription services (collectively, “Momentum IoT Products and Services”). The Momentum IoT website located at http://momentumiot.com/ is referred to as the “Site”.
By using Momentum IoT Products AND SERVICES, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
What information do We collect about you?
Momentum IoT collects information about you in several ways.
Information from customers
In order to use certain Momentum IoT Products and Services, you must register for a user account (“Account”) either on the Site or through one of Our distributors. When you create an Account, make a purchase, or enter information on the Site, We may collect Personal Information from you, including your:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Billing and shipping addresses
- Payment information
- Date of birth
- Order history
- Account name and password
- Usernames and passwords for Account access
- IP Address
- Geolocation information
This information is collected via registration and feedback forms, when you start or place an order.
If you create an Account, We will ask you for a valid email address, and you will create a password. We use this Personal Information to identify you on the Site and to communicate with you. We use Personal Information and other data to make recommendations for you too, such as to suggest items you may want to purchase. We also maintain logs for security reasons, for training purposes, and for legal documentation. We do not collect or process a credit card number, but Our third-party payment processors do. (You can find more information on what third-party payment processors We use in the section entitled “Purchase and Login Information” below.)
Purchase and Login Information
Mailing List Information
If you create an Account, submit your email address to Us via a registration form, or otherwise provide your email address to Us, your email address may be used to send you news about Momentum IoT-related services, surveys, products, or promotions. We may use one or more service providers, including Amazon SES and HubSpot Email to administer these messages, but We will not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
Device Usage information
If you have a Momentum IoT device or other connected device, adjustments you make to the product through the website or app interface. We store this data along with your email address, information about your Momentum IoT device, data collected directly by the device, a history of your device settings, and any other information We have collected about your use of Momentum IoT Products and Services. We also collect:
- Information input during setup: When you install a Momentum IoT Product, you’ll be asked for certain information like your name, location, make and model of vehicle or equipment, and size of fleet.
- Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with Momentum IoT Product, We record your Momentum IoT product model and serial number, embedded computer board model and serial number, CPU model, software and hardware versions, device uptime, cellular modem model, serial number, and technical information such as Wi-Fi, cellular, Bluetooth/BTLE, and/or other various radio signal data, error logs, and vehicle data.
- Asset Information: The Momentum IoT Products and Services allow you to track assets such as vehicles and equipment. Once installed, a Momentum IoT device will access and record certain maintenance and operation data relevant to each asset. We also record vehicle information including, location information, engine RPM, and fuel and battery levels.
What additional information does Momentum IoT collect and store when a user connects a Momentum IoT device to the internet or creates an Account?
- Amazon Web Services: The Momentum IoT Products and Services are built on Amazon Web Services (AWS). During setup, the Momentum IoT Product will connect to the Internet through a cellular modem, Wi-Fi, or through a hard-wired Internet connection. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with Momentum IoT servers and download software updates.
- Additional Authorized Users: Momentum IoT may provide you with the ability to authorize additional users to access your Account (“Authorized Users”). If you do so, the Authorized Users may control and view all of your devices and corresponding information. Authorized User must have or create a Momentum IoT account, and information about Authorized Users (like email address, name or changes to product settings) will be stored with your Account.
- Email Addresses: When you create an Account, We collect and store your email address. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from Momentum IoT. In addition, Momentum IoT may provide you with the ability to enable individuals to access your Account as additional authorized users to share access to your content such as recorded video footage. We will ask you for the email address of any such individuals and automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. Momentum IoT stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of Our invitation services.
How does Momentum IoT use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve Momentum IoT Products and Services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products, safety, or use. We may use your contact details to send you this information or to ask you to participate in surveys about your use of the Momentum IoT Products and Services, and to send you other communications from Momentum IoT.
We may also use this information in a non-identified form for research purposes and to help Us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
How does Momentum protect the data it collects?
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted through the Internet to Our servers or to service providers. Each device is individually stamped with a write-only, encrypted digital signature. The only communication the device will acknowledge is a message from our secure servers. End-to-end, the message is encrypted, and compressed, for that matter.
Of course, no method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online.
How We use and share the information We collect
The following are the limited situations where We may share your Personal Information:
- With your permission: We may share your Personal Information when We have your permission and as described herein. Momentum IoT will request your consent to these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time. When you use third-party services integrated with the Momentum IoT Products and Services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern those services.
- For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of Our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring Our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as Momentum IoT employees) can access certain information about you or your Account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Momentum IoT purposes.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if We believe in good faith that We are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States). We do share aggregated, non-personally identifying information with third parties. For example, in the event of a security incident, We may share the number of times a particular file was accessed. In complying with court orders and similar legal processes, We strive for transparency. When permitted, We will make a reasonable effort to notify users of any disclosure of their information, unless We are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that We in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in Our sole discretion.
- With Our partners: We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with Our partners. For example, We may publish trends. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better productivity, raise awareness about safety issues, or help Us generally improve Our system. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and We require Our partners to do the same.
What information can you access and control?
Generally, We will retain Personal Information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain certain Personal Information indefinitely, unless you delete it or request its deletion. For example, We don’t automatically delete inactive user accounts, so unless you request deletion of your Account, We will retain your Account information indefinitely. You can request deletion of an inactive Account by contacting Our customer service team.
You also have the following choices:
- If you no longer wish to receive emails from Our team, you can opt out by using the link directly in the email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Our Customer Success team at (323) 831-3475. If you have multiple email addresses, you will need to opt out for each individual address in order to be removed from Our database.
- Your browser may offer the ability to block or delete cookies from your device. Please follow your individual browser’s instructions on how to block and clear cookies.
Momentum IoT generally stores your Personal Information on Our servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a Momentum IoT customer in order to provide you with Momentum IoT Products and Services.
Only individuals aged 18 and older are permitted to create or use a Momentum IoT Account or be added as Authorized Users. Authorized Users must also be over the age of 18 (or equivalent minimum age in the jurisdiction where they reside) and may use the Momentum IoT Products and Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian and only if they agree to be bound by these Terms on your behalf. Momentum IoT Products and Services do not knowingly collect or store any Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16.
How We handle updates to this Policy.
We may change Our Privacy Statement from time to time. We will provide notification to you of material changes to this Privacy Statement by sending an email to the primary email address specified in your Account.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments relating to the Site or this Privacy Statement, you can submit a question on Our Site, send an email to email@example.com, or by calling Our customer service team at (323) 831-3475.
Last Updated: February 25, 2020