In the paid telematics content space, the four most unexpected pain points to read about are:
• Automatic contract renewals
• Purchasing the wrong device from a vendor’s website
• No guidance through installation
• Non U.S. based customer support
Let’s consider how painful these can be:
1) Two and three-year contracts are bad, but 1-year contracts provided by vendors who pay to publish are good. Got it?
2) E-Commerce is bad. I hate it when I have clear choices and transparent pricing. Much better to call in and let a rep decide what’s best for me. That always works out well.
3) I hate it when I can’t install a vendor’s hardware without guidance. Plug and play installation is crazy.
4) I love talking to vendors I know I can trust.